Here’s a mini fillo cup filled with a simple apple pie filling. An elegant looking dessert that’s easy enough for a snack and nice enough to serve for company. Enjoy!
These cute mini fillo cups are so easy to work with. They come already prepared and ready to fill with your favorite sweet or savoy fillings. This time around, apple pie made so easily with my shortcut recipe. On top of all that, these little gems are low in calories and fat. Four is one serving!
Per serving: cal 123, fat 2 g
Mini Apple Pie Fillo Cups
- 4 Mini Fillo Shells, found in the freezer section of your market
- 1 Dole apple cup, in its own juices, or any brand (comes in a package of 4)
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a cookie sheet ready to go.
- Drain the juice from the apple cup and place in a small bowl.
- Place the apples in a saucepan and sprinkle with the apple pie spice and the sugar. Toss in saucepan on a low heat.
- Sprinkle the corn starch in the reserved apple liquid and mix until the cornstarch is mixed well. Pour over the apples and stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Turn the heat up to medium. When thickened take off heat.
- Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes. Fill each of the fillo cups and bake for about 5 minutes. Try not to let the shells get too dark. Take them out and that’s it!