For a fun last minute treat for any holiday. Grab a pouch of microwave popcorn and some sprinkles with whatever chocolate you have on hand. In just a few minutes you have a delicious festive treat family and friends will enjoy that’s just the right taste of salty and sweet. Today we made these a patriotic theme for July 4th. You can change around the sprinkle for any holiday or occasion.
White Chocolate Firecracker Popcorn
- 1 microwave popcorn, not the butter flavored, about 8 cups popped
- 1 1/8 cup white chocolate chips, I like this Guittard or Wilton White Candy Melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 colored sprinkles/jimmies, I used these for this recipe
- Place popped corn on a large cookie sheet (My preference, Rachel Ray) that has been lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds in a glass measuring cup. Mix, place back in for another 2o seconds. Mix again. If needed put back in another 10 to 15 seconds until chocolate is melted and shiny.
- Pour chocolate over popcorn. Mix with a wooden spoon. If needed spray spoon with cooking spray. Or if chocolate has cooled down a bit. Mix with clean hands. Toss gently. Then toss sprinkles. Let set on cookie sheet in fridge for about 10 minutes. Keep on cookie sheet for another 30 minutes. Break up and place in serving bowl or in goodies bags.
Note: All highlighted ingredients and supplies are ones I used for this recipe and others on my blog. They are only suggestions. 🙂
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.