If you are looking for a simple and satisfying vegan meal, you are in the right place. Regina came up with this delicious and healthy way to enjoy quinoa. This was so easy to prepare and versatile at the same time. Add in more veggies if you like but, it’s sensational just as it is.
Simple Broccoli Quinoa Salad
Yields: 2 servings
Nutritionals – calories 191, fat 9 g, protein 6.2 g, carbs 23 g, fiber 4 g, sugars 1.4 g, sodium 183 mg, potassium 405 mg
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 lb broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, finely chopped or 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt plus a pinch for boiling water. Add more salt to taste after dish is complete.
- 1/4 tsp ground black or white pepper, or to taste
- In a medium pot, add quinoa and water, with a pinch of salt. Cover, bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add broccoli in batches and pulse until coarsely chopped or, chop by hand.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, then toss.
- Place in fridge until chilled. Serve up and ENJOY!