My dear friend Maria is also a food blogger. We talk probably every day by texting and Facebook, or the phone. There’s always something to talk about. Her blog is called Maria’s Mixing Bowl. She has delicious recipes and now she shares lots of delicious and great recipes from other great bloggers too, including ours!!
This salad recipe I’m sharing with you is just a really simple one she quickly made tonight for her and her hubby Rob. It’s not fancy and she took the pic with her phone. She sent it to me because I told her I wanted to share it on my blog since she doesn’t really share her own recipes lately. Her dressing is so simple to make and oh wow, it’s so good! I made it tonight and it’s ready for tomorrow nights dinner salad. Throw whatever you have in the fridge in your salad like Maria did and enjoy!
Maria’s Italian Cobb Salad with Simple Parmesan Dressing
For the salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Red leaf lettuce
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced tomatoes
- Cut up scallions
- Black olives
- Swiss cheese
- Munster cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo, light mayo can be used, not fat free
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp finely minced onion
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, optional or cold water
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce leaves along with veggies. Roll up meats and cheeses. Lay on top of veggies.
- In a small jar or mixing bowl, add or dressing ingredients. Using a small whisk or fork, mix all ingredients until completely combined.
- Serve up salad and dollop dressing on top. Mix up and enjoy this delicious meal. Serve with a crusty bread.