Mile High Restaurant Style Salad – You can make a great big piled high restaurant style salad right in your own home so easily. Check out my shortcut way!
You know when you go to restaurants and see all the great varieties of salads? It’s so hard to decide sometimes. Now you can have a super deluxe salad at home in no time at all. By using packages of clean lettuce bags, this will save time chopping and rinsing. I serve this with a protein, such as chicken or steak on the side. Then, the family can take what they want. It’s great on it’s own as a colorful delicious vegan salad.
Mile High Restaurant Style Salad
Yields: 2 salads
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, I used packaged that’s been washed
- 2 cups arugula lettuce, same as above
- 2 heaping tbsp banana chips, I like the freeze dried ones with no fat added
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, you can substitute blueberries or strawberries
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots, packaged
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, crunched up a little
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Get a large bowl out and starting with the lettuces, start building your salad.
- When all is in the bowl, drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice along with salt and pepper when ready to serve, toss gently to incorporate the oil and lemon juice. That’s it!
Enjoy the freshness!