Here is a recipe that I put together in no time at all. It was so easy, since I had all the ingredients waiting in my pantry and fridge. The combo makes for a really gooey and delicious cupcake.
Nutrition: calories 254, fat 6.1 g, carbs 47.9 g, fiber 1.8 g, sugars 9.3 g, sodium 214.1 mg, protein 3.2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 6
Yield: 14 cupcakes
- 1 box Betty Crocker chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup Egg beaters or any egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp Hershey’s chocolate syrup plus extra for topping, optional
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 4-ounce jar baby applesauce
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 14 Reduced fat Oreo cookies
- About 70 to 80 mini marshmallows
- Chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place paper or foil liners in muffin pan, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brownie mix and all the other ingredients except the Oreo cookies, marshmallows and chocolate syrup for topping.
- Using a rubber spatula, make sure you mix all the dry brownie mix from the bottom of the bowl into the wet ingredients.
- Place an Oreo cookie on the bottom of each cup and pour the batter about 3/4 high. Try not to go too high.
- Bake for about 15 to 18. Take out of the oven after 10 minutes and place a few marshmallows on top and rotate the pan around and place back in the oven. Check after 5 more minutes.
- When finished, let cool on a wire rack until cooled.
- Top with chocolate sauce and nuts if you want. Enjoy!