Here is an easy recipe for really moist cupcakes. They taste so decadent. Enjoy every bite and I hope everyone you make them for will love them like we do around here. Valentines Day is around the corner. XOXOXO
Nutrition: calories 183.4, fat 2.5 g, carbs 36.3 g, fiber 0.2 g, sugars 18.8 g, sodium 42 mg, protein 2.1 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
Pretty In Pink Cupcakes XOXO
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix, vanilla or white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 10 ounces berry, strawberry or plain seltzer
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- A few drops red food coloring to make the batter look pink
For the Frosting:
- 1 tub 8 ounce Cool Whip Free or light, thawed
- 1 small box Jello sugar free, fat free instant pudding mix, vanilla, cheesecake, white chocolate flavor, whichever you choose
- 6 tbsp whipped cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar, start with 4 tbsp and go to 6 if needed for more sweetness.
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- A few drops red food coloring to make the frosting look pink
- Pink sprinkles, or any color for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line muffin tins with foil or paper liners and set aside.
- Start with the frosting, in a medium mixing bowl combine the softened cream cheeses with the vanilla extract and mix with a hand held mixer until smooth. Add in the pudding mix.
- Now, fold the Cool Whip into the mixture and make sure all is combined well.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time. Use a sieve over the bowl to sift the sugar in so there are no lumps.
- Use a whisk to mix in gently, making sure there are no lumps and all is combined well.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and mix well to color if you want.
- Place plastic wrap over the bowl and place in fridge until ready to use. Keep in fridge at least 2 hours.
- Now for the cupcakes, in a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together except the food coloring. Use a rubber spatula to mix well and incorporate all the dry into the wet. Make sure you go to the bottom for any dry mix left there.
- With a hand held mixer, mix until light and fluffy, nice and smooth. Do this for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- When finished, add a few drops of food coloring to make the color of your choice. Cover the bowl and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take out and with an ice cream scooper, you can make 15 large cupcakes or with a small scoop, you can make 30 mini cupcakes.
- Bake for about 10 to 17 minutes. Turn the pan around after 5 minutes and check after 10 minutes. The mini cupcakes may take only 8 to 10 minutes. So keep an eye on them. A wooden skewer or toothpick should come out clean or with dry crumbs. Place on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes and then invert onto the cooling rack and cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, take the frosting out of the fridge and give it a quick mix. You will have enough to frost all 30 mini or 15 large cupcakes.
Toss some sprinkles if you want and enjoy these beautiful and luscious cupcakes! Refrigerate leftovers.