Shortcut Fruit Filled Angel Cake
4 simple ingredients to make this no bake, shortcut fruit filled angel cake. It’s light as air and totally luscious. Make one for your next gathering, everyone will love it!
This fruit filled Angel cake is beyond easy to make.
The reason it’s such an easy recipe, I bought an already made angel food cake at the market.
Saves so much time when in a hurry.
We were invited for an impromptu dinner last week. And, I wanted to bring a dessert but didn’t have anytime at all to bake something.
So, I ran to the market thinking to buy a pretty cake from their bakery.
I saw they had angel food cake on sale.
Grabbed one, some Cool Whip and fruit.(I used strawberries and blueberries this time) But, use whatever fruit of choice. Canned fruit works well in the winter months when berries are out of season. This is a very forgiving recipe, any fruit works and the cake will be delicious.
In just minutes when I arrived home, it took less than 10 minutes for this pretty cake to be finished.
You will see how easy this cake is to make.
My friends at the dinner, including my husband had no idea how easy and fast this took to “make” and everyone loved it.
You will love this at holiday time.
Buy an angel food cake, freeze it so you have on hand.
No Bake Strawberry Peach Angel Cake
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 store bought angel food cake, or make one and let cool completely
- 1 large tub whipped topping. I used Cool Whip
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Slice cake to make two layers. Place the bottom on a serving plate.
- Lay the strawberries over the bottom layer.
- Scoop on some whipped topping and smooth over the strawberries.
- Place the top half of the cake over the bottom very gently.
- Frost the whole cake with the whipped topping. Thick or thin, however you want.
- Place some of the remaining strawberries and blueberries on the top. Cut some of the blueberries for a beautiful presentation.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes then in fridge for about an hour or more. Serve right from the fridge. Any leftovers store in fridge up to 2 days.
Enjoy the lusciousness!
Here’s another no bake, shortcut dessert to check out…
Shortcut Fruit Filled Angel Cake
- 1 store bought angel food cake
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, sliced
- 1 cup or more fresh blueberries, rinsed, dried. Slice some
- 1 tub Cool Whip, or any whipped topping, thawed
1.Slice cake to make two layers. Place the bottom on a serving plate.
2. Lay the strawberries over the bottom layer.
3. Scoop on some whipped topping and smooth over the strawberries.
4. Place the top half of the cake over the bottom very gently.
5. Frost the whole cake with the whipped topping. Thick or thin, however you want.
6. Place some of the remaining strawberries and blueberries on the top. Cut some of the blueberries for a beautiful presentation.
7. Place in freezer for 15 minutes then in fridge for about an hour or more. Serve right from the fridge. Any leftovers store in fridge up to 2 days. Enjoy!
Love the lightness of this simple cake
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe. Please stop back again soon. There’s so many more recipes to see both sweet and savory. New ones too. To save and collect any recipe, pin on Pinterest. It’s a great way of saving recipes for later on. Remember to scroll up so you can print out todays recipe.
Bye for now…
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.