Lately there have been more and more about the Paleo diet. It’s basically a clean way of eating. You can read more about it all over the internet. I have really enjoyed making and baking Paleo desserts and sharing with family and friends. You would never know that you are eating something that’s made with healthy ingredients. Basic, clean ingredients. Try this easy recipe out. You will love the fudgy texture of these brownie cupcakes. I enjoy a couple with breakfast. My family likes them for dessert. See and taste for yourself. Bake a batch today!
Mini Paleo Chocolate Chip Brownie Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or date , maple sugar
- 3 tbsp. ground golden flaxseed meal
- 2 to 4 tbsp. cold water to mix with flax, make a loose paste. Add more water if needed.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, I used Lily’s Stevia Sweetened or Enjoy Life
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or spray a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey flax paste and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Make sure no dry ingredients are on the bottom. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into mini muffin pan, bake for about 10 minutes. Try not to over bake. Test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer, moist crumbs means they are done. Try not to over back. Also, the brownies should slightly spring back when touched.
- Cool for about 15 minutes on wire rack. They taste better when cooled. Keep stored on counter in covered container for only up to 1 day or in fridge up to 3 days.
Note: Highlighted ingredients are the ones I used for this recipe.
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.