Here’s a healthy, warming soup recipe that starts with a couple of cans of soup. Jazzed up to make a great tasting homemade soup. Enjoy!
Some days we just don’t have the time to make homemade soup. This is when we grab the can of condensed soup. I personally don’t really like the taste of most of the canned soups. I do like them in baked recipes. The one soup I have used in a few recipes is cream of chicken. I had two cans in the house and grabbed them along with some fresh and frozen veggies along with a package of minute rice. Well, I must tell you, this soup came out pretty delish. We all really liked it. Check out the very simple recipe. Have a few cans on hand. You may want to make this one of these days. It’s a keeper.
Jazzed Up Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup, I used Campbell’s 10 1/2 ounce
- 1 1/2 cans cold water
- 1/2 cup milk, I used 2 percent. Skim or 1 percent wouldn’t work for this recipe.
- 1 cup packaged shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup instant rice, white or brown works – I used this Uncle Bens
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning, optional
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped roughly, plus more for garnish, optional
- In a medium to large nonstick saucepan, over medium heat, add contents of canned soup. Add 1 1/2 cans cold water. Stir with a whisk to break up soup and combine well. Add milk and continue to whisk.
- Bring to a boil. Take off heat while you add in vegetables, spices and rice. Place back on heat and bring back to a boil. Let simmer for a few minutes on low heat for all the veggies heat up and the soup is nice and hot.
- Sprinkle in parsley and serve up.