Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli
This simple and easy creamy cheesy chicken broccoli is a “good old standby recipe” One that is easily made in a hurry on a busy weeknight meal yet, nice enough for a fancy dinner party. A great recipe to always have on hand.
Thank you to Regina and her daughter Victoria for this as she calls it, “a good old standby recipe” This chicken dish is not only easy to prepare, it’s cheesy delicious.
A note from Regina: Today my daughter found a recipe on Instagram and decided that she wanted to give it a go for dinner tonight.
I of course was thrilled, since she in only 13 and becoming a foodie like me. Funny thing is that I used to make the same recipe about 17 years ago. Goes to show you that a good old standby recipe never goes out of style. This is our altered version, based on the ingredients in the pantry.
I’m so glad Regina and her beautiful daughter Victoria shared this delectable recipe with me so I am able to share with all of you. I have made this numerous times and my whole family adores it. I adore the recipe not only because it’s so delicious but, it’s one of the easiest chicken dishes I’ve made in a long, long time.
Regina serves this dish over white rice most of the time. I have served it over white rice as well as brown rice, different kinds of pasta, such as egg noodles and ziti noodles. Also, my son Josh likes this creamy cheesy chicken broccoli over a large baked potato. I must tell you, it is really good that way too. You can also eat the dish as is. With no pasta, rice, or potato. That is how good the recipe comes out.
Give this easy-peasy recipe a try and enjoy the cheesy deliciousness!
Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli
Yields: 4 servings
What Are The Ingredients To Make Up This Delicious Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Dish?
Here are the six simple ingredients:
- unsalted butter
- boneless chicken cutlets, cut into bite sized pieces
- fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- One can of Cream of Celery soup, you can swap out cream of chicken soup if you don’t want to use cream of celery
- milk, whole or 2 % work best
- shredded cheddar cheese, we used mild cheddar cheese for this recipe
- full printable recipe with amounts below in recipe card
How Do You Make This Delicious Looking Creamy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Recipe?
Here are the easy and simple directions:
- Steam broccoli until al dente, then set aside
- Brown the chicken in butter.
- Add soup and milk to cooked chicken, then add in the broccoli. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and transfer to a bowl.
- Serve hot over rice, pasta, baked potato. Or just as is.
Enjoy this wonderful meal
For a great recipe on How To Make The Perfect White Rice Click the blue link…
Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli
Thanks to my dear friend Regina and her daughter Victoria for this really delicious recipe that's so simple to prepare. Enjoy the creamy deliciousness!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pound boneless chicken cutlets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can can of Cream of Celery soup
- 1/2 cup whole or 2 % milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1.Steam broccoli until al dente, then set aside
2.Brown the chicken in butter.
3.Add soup and milk to cooked chicken, then add in the broccoli. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
4.Stir in the cheese and transfer to a bow.l
5.Serve hot over rice.
Enjoy this delicious meal!
Print out recipe above
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed todays featured recipe. Be sure to stop back again soon. I post new recipes all the time. In the meantime, please share your favorite recipes with family and friends and pin away on Pinterest to save any recipe for later on.
Bye for now…