These cookies simply melt in your mouth! It is hard to eat it in small bites. We usually just stick the whole cookie right in. Definitely a family favorite!
French Butter Cookies
Makes 8 dozen cookies
- 1 lb butter (salted)
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 12-oz chocolate chips
- Decorator sprinkles, optional
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cream butter.
- Add Sugar.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Add flour.
- Roll into 4 1″ logs and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice dough diagonally – 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick. Just keep the size uniform.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip cooled cookies into chocolate then in sprinkles. Place on wax lined cookie sheet and place in refrigerator until set