I called these monster cookies because they have lots of yummy add ins. They are so delish. Chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. A great monster cookie!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 whole wheat pastry flour or you can use regular all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped finely
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cream the butter with both sugars in a mixing bowl until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the mixing bowl and mix until combined. Now, add in the oats, chocolate chips and nuts. Last but not least, add the cereals. Mix gently as to not crush them up.
- Use a cookie scoop and bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Try not to over bake. Take out and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then slide off the parchment paper onto the rack and cool another 15 minutes.
- Eat up and enjoy!!