A favorite childhood dessert updated and still delicious just like I remember. A few simple ingredients and it’s done. Enjoy!
I remember when I was growing up my mom would make a pudding dessert with these little pound cakes filled with pudding, and she topped it off with whipped cream. Well, she used full fat milk to make the pudding and, of course her whipped cream was made with heavy whipping cream and lots of sugar. It sure was luscious. I was shopping in my regular market and came across these mini shells that reminded me of that special dessert from all those years ago. These however are much lower in fat and calories but taste just as delish. You can find them in the produce department.
Mini Chocolate Pudding Filled Cake Shells
Yields: 2 servings
Calories per filled cake: 125
- 2 dessert shells, found in the produce department at most grocery stores, or online
- 1 chocolate pudding cup, regular or sugar free
- 4 tbsp aerosol whipped cream from a can
- 1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Take half the pudding cup and place in 1 shell and then the other half in the other shell. Eyeball the 2 tablespoons of whipped cream on top of each pudding. Toss mini chips over along with the marshmallows.
- That’s it! Now go and Enjoy!