Hi All, I wanted to make this recipe for friends that are on a gluten free diet. I worked on this a long time before it was good enough to share. Gluten free is not always low in fat, so, it was a challenge again (See our other Gluten Free recipes) to make a great cookie that everyone can enjoy. From the positive response I got from family and friends, it’s a go! These cookies come out nice and big. So, I hope you make these delicious cookies and find them yummy the way we do. Smile! We’re making cookies! Nutrition: calories 111.1, fat 4.1 g, carbs 19.2 g, fiber 1 g, sugars 11.1 g, sodium 56.6 mg, protein 1.2 g,
Yield: 24 large cookies
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, or any oil you prefer. canola works well too
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup super fine granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips, I used mini chunks
- A few Tbsp almond or any milk of your choice as needed for the right texture
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk well to loosen up any clumps. Set aside for a minute.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the oil with the sugars and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. About a minute. Slowly add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix again with the electric mixer.
- You should have a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips. If you need to, add a tablespoon at a time of almond milk to make a nice texture for scooping into balls.
- Place in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and with a small cookie scooper, make 12 mounds on each cookie sheet. With wet fingers, press down slightly. The cookies will spread out.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time for about 8 to 12 minutes. (Ovens will vary) After 5 minutes, rotate the pan around. When the cookies seem lightly golden, take out and let rest on a wire rack until cool. Then repeat with the other cookie sheet.
The cookies will remain soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. A sure winner!