Bisquick Blueberry Lemon Scones
This is one of the easiest recipes you will make and these Bisquick Blueberry Lemon Scones will not let you down. They come out just right. Light as air and bursting with blueberries and a hint of lemon. Enjoy anytime of day, breakfast up until a late night snack.
My family and I really love biscuits and scones.
Especially when the recipe is this easy and tasty all from my favorite pantry item “Bisquick”.
When using Bisquick, all my baked recipes come out perfect every time.
I have been making this blueberry lemon scone recipe for over 20 years. As the old saying goes, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.
Why mess around or change a recipe that comes out so delicious and is beyond simple to prepare? No reason, so, I have kept this recipe to make over and over again for brunches, breakfast, snacks, late night snacks, and desserts.
It’s so great when you need a quick and easy recipe and of course you want it tasting yummy too. This is my go-to recipe.
When it’s not blueberry season or the blueberries don’t look great at the market and they are really high in price, you can easily use frozen.
If company pops in, no worries, I grab my handy-dandy box of Bisquick and a few other ingredients, put up a pot of coffee and we are ready to go.
What Is Bisquick?
Bisquick is a pre-mixed baking mix consisting of all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and shortening. Bisquick is great for pancakes, biscuits, muffin, and scones like these featured today. Also, Bisquick is great for making cookies like these festive Patriotic Pudding Cookies. Oh, I can’t forget pizza crusts, and great for many savory dishes like this one, Shortcut Meatball Pot Pie casserole.
A Bisquick fact: It was first introduced in 1931. It was the first of it’s kind. These was no other product like it.
Where To Buy Bisquick?
You can find Bisquick in any supermarket, local grocery stores, and large stores like Target and Walmart. Bisquick is just about available all over the world. It’s the most versatile pantry staple ingredient there is. Can you tell I how much I love Bisquick? LOL!
Bake a batch of these simple and delicious Bisquick blueberry lemon scones soon, you are sure to love these as much as we do around here.
Be sure to see the video below on how to make these yummy scones.
Bisquick Blueberry Lemon Scones
Yields: 8 scones
Nutrition without glaze: calories 116 , fat 2 g, sat fat .2 , carbs 22 g, fiber .5 g, protein 2.7 , sugar 8.2 g
WW Smart Points: 4 – WW Points Plus: 3
What Are The Ingredients In These Delicious Looking Blueberry Lemon Scones?
Here are the ingredients:
- Bisquick, Original or Heart Smart both work.
- granulated sugar, or use sugar substitute (WW Smart Points are the same)
- fresh lemon zest
- fresh blueberries, if using frozen, don’t thaw them
- 1 egg
- almond milk, soy milk or low fat milk, regular milk works too
- pure vanilla extract
- Full printable recipe with amounts below in recipe box
- fresh lemon juice
- cold water
- powdered or confectioners sugar sifted
Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries Work For This Easy-Peasy Recipe.
Fresh lemon zest and juice adds brightness to any recipe both sweet and savory.
Getting ready to put in the oven. No fuss, just drop onto baking sheet and lightly press down to desired shape.
My son likes his scones slathered with butter and jam. I love them just as is, plain and warm from the oven.
How Do You Prepare These Blueberry Lemon Scones?
Here are the simple directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick, granulated sugar, egg, milk of choice and vanilla extract. Add the zest and blueberries and toss gently. Try to not over mix. This is important for a light scone.
- Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet (you have to use parchment paper for this recipe, or the scones will stick)
- Drop dough into 8 large scones. You may want to flatten each one just a bit with wet fingers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are light brown.
- While the scones are baking, make the glaze if using. Whisk the lemon juice, water and sifted powdered sugar together. Set aside for later.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and pour glaze over the warm scones.
- Recipe note, if you are going to save them for later on, you may want to crisp them up in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Great for anytime of day.
- Full printable recipe with amounts below in recipe box.
Enjoy the deliciousness!
Here is another delicious scone recipe that’s made with Bisquick. I’m sure you will enjoy these too!
Love this video
Bisquick Blueberry Lemon Scones
This is one of the easiest recipes and the scones always come out just right. Light as air and bursting with blueberries with just a hint of lemon zest. Enjoy anytime of day!
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick, I used Heart Smart for this recipe, regular Bisquick works perfectly of course
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 heaping cup fresh blueberries, if using frozen, don't defrost
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cold water
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla. Add the zest and blueberries and toss gently. Do not over mix. This is very important to keep the scones light.
3.For the glaze, whisk the lemon juice, water and sifted sugar together. Set aside for later.
4.Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet (you have to use parchment paper for this recipe ).
5.Drop dough into 8 large scones. You may want to flatten each one just a bit with wet fingers.
6.Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are light brown.
7.Let cool for 5 minutes and pour glaze over the warm scones. Enjoy!
Enjoy these scones with a hot cup of coffee or tea..
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the recipe featured today. Be sure to check back often since I post new recipes all the time.
In the meantime, please share your favorites with family and friends and pin away on Pinterest to save recipes for later on.
Remember to scroll up to print out todays recipe.
Bye for now…
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.