Warm up anytime with this soothing apple orange cider. So wonderful at breakfast time and lovely to serve when company arrives. Enjoy every warm sip.
This recipe will only take you a few minutes to prepare and is so soothing and comforting. I like to serve this when company comes — instead of coffee or tea I walk out with a tray of mugs filled with this wonderful warm drink and everyone is always pleasantly surprised.
Kids love it too and this has become a family favorite in my home, and I know it will be a huge hit in your home as well. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 156.1, fat 0.1 g, carbs 37 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 31 g, sodium 0.4 mg, protein 1.2 g
Warm You Up Apple Orange Cider
Yields: 2 servings
- 16 oz store bough apple cider — I use Martinelli’s which is sold in most markets
- 1 small tangerine or small orange, sliced
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the cider in a medium saucepan. Warm over low to medium heat.
- Stir in the apple pie spice and cinnamon. Stir well with a wire whisk.
- Now toss in the sliced orange and warm until hot but not boiling. Take off heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Mix gently but well with a spoon.
- Pour into 2 mugs and have the oranges divided so each mug has the same amount.
**Of course if you want to make this more decadent you can add a dollop of whipped cream.