Nutrition: calories 59, fat 1.9 g, carbs 9.2 g, fiber 0.5 g, sugars 7.3 g, sodium 43.5 mg, protein 1.1 g
Peanut Butter Brownie Balls
Makes 60 balls
For Brownie batter:
- 1 box dark chocolate fudge brownie mix, I used Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate
- 1 can pumpkin, just pumpkin, that’s all it should say on the ingredients, not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 tbsp Hershey chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp Skippy all natural peanut butter
For chocolate drizzle:
- 1/2 heaping cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp half and half or milk
- 1 tsp peanut butter, I used this…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 13 X 9 non-stick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the brownie mix and lighten up a little with a wire whisk so there are no lumps.
- Scoop out the can of pumpkin into the bowl and mix with a rubber spatula until all is combined. Add the chocolate syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the milk if needed to make a smooth but thick brownie batter.
- Make sure you scoop down to the bottom of the mixing bowl to get all the dry mix into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Turn the pan around after 12 minutes for even baking.
- Check after 20 minutes with a wooden skewer or toothpick and you should get moist crumbs. Do not over bake; in fact you can under bake this batch a little. Place on a cooling rack and cool for about 15 minutes and then cover with plastic wrap, but don’t touch the surface of the brownies. Leave like that until almost cooled completely.
- Take the whole batch of brownies and break up into a large mixing bowl. Make sure you have very clean hands. Now add the 1/2 cup of peanut butter and mix in well.
- When all is combined well, start rolling your balls. You should be able to make 60 balls. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- When these are done, place in freezer for about 10 minutes or in fridge for about an hour.
- Right before you take them out prepare your chocolate drizzle, in a microwave safe bowl, warm the half and half until very warm almost hot. This will only be a few seconds in the microwave. Now pour the chips over the milk along with the peanut butter and place back in the microwave for another 20 seconds. With a wire whisk, mix well. You may need to place back into the microwave another 15-second intervals until smooth and shiny.
- Drizzle over the brownie balls and let set up on the counter or in the fridge for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: All highlighted ingredients are ones I used for this recipe. They are only a suggestion. 🙂
Brownies are a Delicious Inspiration: