Nothing says New England like a cool fall night and a big pot of chili. This is an easy and simple recipe to whip up anytime. Football night or a busy weeknight meal. It’s low in fat and carbs. I do use a small dollop of real sour cream and a small amount of cheddar mixed in. In moderation, why not? It’s a favorite among my kids and their besties as you can see in this picture. The Dads had a big bowl while watching the football game. Us Moms enjoyed a bowl by the fireplace after everyone was happily full. Hope you enjoy!
Submitted by: Wendy from Providence Rhode Island
Wendy’s Healthy Turkey Chili
- 2 cubes of frozen garlic
- 1 cube of frozen basil
- 1 pound of lean turkey meat
- 1 medium can of tomato sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes with mild chili peppers
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- shredded cheese for topping
- sour cream for topping
- Spray a deep pot with cooking spray.
- Put 2 cubes of frozen garlic and one of basil in. Let them start to melt.
- Now add 1 pound of lean turkey meat. Once it’s brown, add 1 medium can of tomato sauce and 1 can of tomatoes with mild chili peppers. Let bubble up.
- Throw in 1 chopped onion and 1 large green pepper.
- Depending on how spicy you like it, add 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper and garlic powder. (You can always add more to taste.) Let bubble again then turn to a simmer for about a 1/2 hour.
- Pour into bowls with a sprinkle of cheese and a small dollop of sour cream. (You can use low fat in you want) So yummy! Tastes even better the next day for lunch.
Try One of These Recipes Next: