Here is a recipe that could fool anyone into believing that this is chocolate mousse that’s been made with heavy whipping cream and egg yolks. It fooled my husband and a few friends that were here for dinner recently. When I told them what was in the mousse they were shocked (especially the husbands) — it was a funny moment. This mousse is so decadent and rich that I served them in little espresso cups. It hits the “chocolate spot!” I served this with coffee and tea and a plate of low fat cookies. By the way, it is so easy to prepare! Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 143 fat 6.1 g, carbs 19.1 g, fiber 1.6 sugars 17g, sodium 117.3 mg, protein 5.9 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Pam’s Petite Vegan Chocolate Mousse Cups
- 1 package Mori-Nu Lite silken firm tofu (this tofu is usually not in the refrigerated section of the market but if you can’t find this brand then use 3/4 of a package of a firm silken tofu)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate, either chips or a block of vegan chocolate
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla or plain light almond milk or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, it seems to bring out the flavor of the chocolate. You can omit this if you like.
- Grated chocolate or one chip for each finished cup
- Break or slice the tofu and place in a blender along with the brown sugar. Blend until the tofu starts to break down. Add the chips and blend again. If this does not mix easily hold off on mixing until you are ready to add the milk (see next step).
- In a saucepan heat the milk and salt just until it comes to a simmer. Take off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Add the milk to the blender slowly a little at a time. Blend and add some more milk until you have added it all.
- When you have a nice smooth mixture, spoon into 6 small cups or dessert dishes. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. You may want to place a small amount of grated chocolate or 1 chip in the middle for a pretty presentation.
ENJOY this rich, delish treat!
Makes 6 servings.
More Creamy Dessert Recipes to Try:
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.