My daughter Tori is away in college. She is only on the partial meal plan because she’s in an apartment off campus. She frequently sends me photos and recipes of her quick and nutritious dinners she makes with her roommates. Here’s one that’s quick and easy and really delicious. Great for any weeknight meal for a family table.
Sautéed Spinach with Vegetarian Patty and Melted Jack Cheese – What A College Girl Eats
Recipe serves 1
- 2 cups fresh packaged spinach that’s been already washed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 – 2 tsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- squeeze lemon juice, optional
- 1 frozen vegetarian “Chick” patty, recipe used Morning Star
- 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese, or your favorite cheese
- Bake patty as per package instructions.
- In a non stick skillet, pour olive oil in and cook the garlic just until you smell it, only a few seconds, toss the spinach in and Sautee until wilted but still has vibrant color. Add salt and pepper to taste along with lemon juice if using. Set aside for just a few minutes.
- When cutlet is done, place a slice of cheese on top let melt, should take about a minute or so.
- Plate up with spinach on the bottom and cutlet on top.
Enjoy this delicious and healthy dinner in no time at all. Thanks Tor!