No Cook Overnight Oats And Yogurt
Prepare a few of these healthy and delicious no cook overnight oats and yogurt parfaits before going to sleep. Wake up to wholesome breakfast for a great start to your day. Enjoy the goodness!
This is my new go-to breakfast lately. I’m so glad that my kids and husband really enjoy this new find as well.
I call them parfaits because they can be layered with any fruits or nuts of choice.
I prepare a few at night, then in the morning we all can grab one and take with us or sit and relax while enjoying this hearty yet light breakfast.
It’s got all you need for a strong, healthy start to your day. The yogurt gives a great boost of protein while the oats and fruits give you healthy carbs and energy.
Add in things you know your family will like.
Some fruit suggestions that work well overnight are, any kind of berry, if using strawberries, cut them in quarters so there are not big big of pieces when you put the spoon in. Diced peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, pitted cherries taste great great layered. In the winter, you can always use frozen fruit that has been thawed and diced or cut up.
Any kind of nut works as long as you cut each nut in small pieces. Rule of thumb, all the fruit and nuts should be around the same size. This way when you put the spoon down into the parfait, you will have the same size of fruit and nuts.
Sometimes, I add in granola. But, this should be sprinkled on top and mixed in while eating. If you layer the night before the granola may get too soft or soggy. That would not taste so good. Granola should be crunchy.
One more ingredients should be added in the morning. Coconut. Toasted or raw. Best when you sprinkle on just before you are going to eat your parfait. Try it one day raw and the other day toasted. Both are delicious.
Also, dried fruit is a great choice. Raisins and dried cranberries and cherries give a nice chew and tastes so delicious.
Here’s one from my daughter Tori. She took unsweetened blueberry jam and layered some on top of the oats. She said it tasted like a blueberry crumble. Use your jelly or jam flavor.
On some days we even enjoy these parfaits for lunch. Especially when in a rush and no time to stop or make something like a sandwich, if these are in the fridge, I’ll grab one and they really hit the spot and are nice and filling.
Change around your parfaits each time you make them. You can use any clean jar with a lid. I reuse mason jars over and over again.
Start with one and then when you taste for the first time and love it, make more for everyone you love.
Wait until you taste this, it’s amazing!
No Cook Overnight Oats and Yogurt
Yields: 1 – Easily can be doubled and tripled or however many you want at a time
What Are The Basic Ingredients In Overnight Oats?
Here is my recipe for a delicious overnight oats recipe, you add your choice of fruits and nuts:
- 1/2 cup oats, instant or old fashioned, both work
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, any milk works, I used almond milk for this recipe but 2 percent also works well
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries or fruit of choice, see above for suggestions, some for overnight and some when ready to eat
- printable recipe is below in the recipe box
- Use a glass jar, such as a mason jar. A 16-ounce jar is best and can be found at Target, Michael’s or any dollar store.
- First toss in oats, pour in milk with chia seeds. Stir well to combine.
Add some fruit, nuts, dried fruit if using.
- Next, add yogurt. Top with more fruit.
- Close jar tightly and leave in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, open jar, toss on more fruit and other toppings.
Enjoy the deliciousness!
Here are a few more recipes made with oats.
Copycat Pioneer Woman Strawberry Oat Bars
Apple Crumb Bars
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Print recipe below in recipe card
No Cook Overnight Oats with Yogurt
Prepare a few of these healthy and delicious parfaits before going to sleep. Wake up to wholesome breakfast for a great start to your day. Enjoy the goodness!
- 1/2 cup oats, you can use instant or old fashioned
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk plus 2 Tbsp any milk works, I used almond milk for this recipe but 2 percent also works well
- 1 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh or frozen berries, or fruit of choice, see above for suggestions, some for overnight and some for the morning
Use a glass jar, such as a mason jar. A 16-ounce jar is best and can be found at Target, Michael’s or any dollar store.First toss in oats, pour in milk with chia seeds. Stir well to combine.Add some fruit, nuts, dried fruit if using.Next, add yogurt. Top with more fruit.Close jar tightly and leave in fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.In the morning, open jar, toss on more fruit and other toppings. Enjoy!
Mornings have been extra yummy lately
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check back soon. There are so many more recipes to see, both sweet and savory, you name it. Always a great variety to choose from. Save your favorites on Pinterest or you can copy any of these recipes to save for later on.
Bye for now