Grinch Crinkle Cookies
These festive Grinch Crinkle Cookies are sure to bring some holiday cheer! With their bright colors, crunchy exterior, and soft chewy inside they are sure to be a hit with the whole family. These cookies are perfect for your next holiday party or Christmas movie night!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You only need simple ingredients that are all budget-friendly and easy to find.
- And the cookies come together in no time – this recipe is quick and easy to make.
- They look so cute with their bright red and green colors. Plus they taste amazing too!
For the festive cookies, you only need a handful of simple ingredients. All of these ingredients are found at your local grocery store, or you might even have them on hand already in your pantry! You can find the full of ingredients that you need to make this recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
White cake mix – White cake mix works best for this recipe because it allows the food coloring to really show through the batter giving you brightly colored cookies every time that you make them.
Red and leaf green gel food coloring – Gel food coloring gives the best color, and doesn’t thin your batter. I don’t recommend that you use liquid food coloring.
White sanding sugar – These are like coarse sprinkles. If you don’t have them on hand, you could small white sprinkles or granulated sugar instead.Full recipe below in the recipe card
To make this simple recipe you will need a few kitchen tools. All of these tools should be easy to find in your kitchen already.
- Electric mixer – I like to use a stand mixer, but a hand mixer will work if you need to use it.
- Cookie Sheets – You will need a couple of cookie sheets. I prefer to use nonstick cookie sheets, as they bake evenly.
How to Make These Grinch Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until combined.
- Divide the batter into two separate bowls.
- Mix red food coloring into one bowl
- Mix green food coloring into the second bowl
- Take about 2 tbsp of the red color of dough and 1 tbsp of the green dough and form them into small-sized balls.
- Then press together the red and green dough into a ball.
- Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
- Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
- Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!
Once you have baked these cookies you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. You can also freeze these cookies and they will last in the freezer for up to three months.
Here are a few tips that will make sure that your Grinch Crinkle Cookies turn out perfectly when you make them!
- If you want to ensure that all of your cookies are the same size, use a small ice cream scoop when forming the cookie dough into balls.
- Make sure that you use gel food coloring for this recipe – liquid food coloring will thin the cookie dough and it won’t bake
- as well.
- If you don’t have sanding sugar on hand, you can substitute it with small white sprinkles or granulated sugar instead.
Do you have questions about this Grinch Crinkle Cookies recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
If your cookies aren’t crinkling then you may have overmixed the dough. Be careful to mix it until it’s just combined.
The key to keeping these cookies moist is to not overbake them. Bake these cookies until are just set but not brown.
These cookies can stay at room temperature for up to one week. I would recommend that you enjoy them sooner.
Grinch Crinkle Cookies
These Grinch Crinkle Cookies are soft, chewy, and so festive! They will look great on your holiday dessert table!
- 15.25 ounces White cake mix
- 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Red and leaf green gel food coloring
- 1 container of white sanding sugar
Using a standing mixer, combine cake mix, vegetable oil, and 2 eggs until combined.
Divide the batter into two separate bowls.
Mix red food coloring into one bowl
Mix green food coloring into the second bowl
Take about 2 tbsp of red color of dough and 1 tbsp of the green dough and form into small sized balls.
Pour the sanding sugar into a bowl
Roll cookie dough into the sanding sugar
Place cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Lightly push each cookie dough ball down so that it becomes a thick but flat disk.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
Allow cookies to completely cool before Enjoying!