Thanks to my daughter Tori for another one of her delicious and easy recipes that she makes for up in college. Here roommates love her cooking and so do we. Enjoy these wonderful Asian Chicken Tenders with the sweet hoisin sauce!
Here is a recipe that my daughter Tori made while she was home recently for winter break. It was so delicious and we all loved the sauce drizzled on top of the tender chicken pieces. You can find more of Tori’s recipes scattered over the blog. She’s such a fantastic cook and baker that daughter of mine!
“What a College Girl Eats”
Asian Chicken Tenders with Sweet Hoisin Sauce – What a College Girl Eats
Yields: 4 servings – 3 tenders per person
- 12 chicken tenders
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp canola or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/8 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp brown or granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together bread crumbs, turmeric, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and ground ginger. In another bowl, combine eggs, water, and soy sauce.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg mixture then in bread crumb mixture. Coat on both sides. Tap on side of bowl for excess crumbs. Do this with all 12 tenders and place on a plate until ready to put in pan.
- Heat oil in pan, place tenders in pan and lightly brown on each side. When second side is browned, place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is white inside and juices run clear. Take out and cover with foil. Let rest until ready to serve.
- While chicken is in the oven, make the sauce: In a small nonstick saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir to combine well. Let sauce come to a boil. Take off heat. Let sit for a few minutes. You can pour over chicken like in the photo or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
Enjoy the deliciousness!