You won’t believe how decadent these brownies taste especially because they have all healthy ingredients. I love this recipe so much and bake them for my family on a regular basis. You should try this easy recipe, I’m guessing your family will love them too!
Rich And Decadent Paleo Brownies
Yields 12-16 Brownies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted, you can use avocado oil too
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 cup agave, date syrup, ( my favorite) honey or pure maple syrup work too
- 1/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, I use Lily’s Sweets found at Whole Foods or on line. These delicious chips are sweetened with Stevia and are made with the finest dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp halved or whole nuts for topping
- **Leave out nuts if you want and add more chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 in baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, melted coconut oil, nectar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking dish easily with an off set spatula or butter knife and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. Try not to over bake. Test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer and moist crumbs should be on. Also, the brownies should slightly spring back when touched.
- Cool for about 20 minutes, cut into 12 large brownies or 16 medium. Enjoy!