Rich, decadent chocolate cake without any flour! Yup, that’s right. Anyone who loves chocolate is going to go crazy for this cake. Bake one up soon and enjoy!
This cake is so rich and delicious you won’t believe that there is no flour in the recipe. The healthy unsweetened cocoa powder acts as the flour. I didn’t know how this was going to turn out but, I just wanted to give it a try. I was so happy with the results. My family loved it and now I make it for company too. Give this easy, and oh so yummy recipe a try. If there is a chocoholic out there, they will adore this cake.
Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake
Yields: 10 servings
Nutrition: calories 149, fat 6.7 g, carbs 26 g, fiber 3.1 g, sugars 22 g, sodium 127 mg, protein 3.7 g
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup maple syrup I use grade B, it’s thicker than grade A and better for baking. You can also use honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut, avocado or canola oil is fine too. ( I used avocado this time)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon this is optional
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Stevia to taste, I used 2 droppers of chocolate Stevia, this is optional
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 2 Tbsp almond milk, cream, half and half or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees, mist a 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray. I used a coconut spray. Set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, break the eggs and egg white and mix well with a whisk. Add the oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and water. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and incorporate well.
- Add the dry into the wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula until well incorporated. Make sure you dig to the bottom of the bowl to get all the cocoa power mixed in well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Try not to over bake. Turn the pan around after 10 minutes for even baking. Check after 15 minutes with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Moist to dry crumbs are what you are looking for. Place pan on a cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, place the chips and milk in a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 20 seconds. Take out mix, put back in for another 10 seconds until the chocolate is melted. Stir until shiny and smooth. Using a small rubber spatula, spread over the cake. Toss some chips over top for garnish.
Enjoy the chocolate goodness!!