Southern Honey Raspberry Iced Tea
This easy recipe for Southern Honey Raspberry Iced Tea is refreshing and so delicious. The perfect ice tea with just the right amount of sweetness. Hope you y’all enjoy!
When I lived in Atlanta many years ago, I was invited to a friends house for lunch.
She served the most refreshing iced tea I had ever had.
It was sweet but not too sweet and I knew it didn’t just taste like it was sugar sweetened.
Once she told me what was in the tea, I tasted the honey and asked her for the recipe.
Now, I make this regularly and if raspberries are not in season, I use frozen ones. If you use the frozen raspberries, You will use less ice.
This recipe is so easy to prepare and so refreshingly delightful.
Enjoy anytime of year, especially on a warm day.
Adjust the honey to your sweet liking.
There are many types of honey out there that will give the tea a nice flavor. Find your favorites.
Southern Honey Raspberry Iced Tea
Yields: 4 large glasses
Nutrition using Original Cran/Raspberry Ocean Spray juice: calories 77.2, fat 0.1 g, sat fat 0g, carbs 19.5 g, sugars, 17 g, fiber 1.6 g, protein 0.2 g
WW Smart Points: 4 – WW Points Plus: 2
Nutrition using Diet Cran/Raspberry Ocean Spray: calories 44.5, fat 0.1 g, sat fat 0 g, carbs 11.8 g, sugars 9.6 g, fiber 1.6 g, protein 0.2 g
WW Smart Points: 2 – WW Points Plus: 1
Just a handful of ingredients makes the most refreshing ice tea beverage
- 2 cups freshly brewed tea, I used Lipton, regular or decaf work for this recipe
- 1 cup very cold water
- 1 cup Cran/Raspberry Juice, such as Ocean Spray or Diet Cran/Raspberry Juice
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey, I used 1/8 cup for this recipe, for a sweeter tea, add more 1 tablespoon at a time
- 1/2 -3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, if frozen, make sure the package says just raspberries under the ingredients, no sugar added
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or orange juice, this is optional
- 1 – 2 cups ice cubes, or to your liking
How to make this refreshing iced tea
- Prepare the tea in two separate large mugs and let steep for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Pour the honey into one or both mugs. Mix to dissolve the honey. Only dunk them twice and leave them in the mugs. If you like your tea on the weaker side, check after 4 to 5 minutes then take out the tea bags. In a large heat proof pitcher or carafe. First pour the cold water in along with the juice. Then, pour in the tea. Mix gently.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ice cold. This may take a few hours.
- Place ice cubes in each glass along with some raspberries.
- Pour the tea into ice and raspberry filled glasses. You can place some fun straws in each glass and add even more raspberries and maybe a slice of lemon or two for garnish.
Recipe notes: Try using strawberries to replace the raspberries. Or, mix the two.
For an adult drink, you can add a splash of plain or raspberry vodka.
Wait! Before leaving, check out another delightful and refreshing ice tea drink…
Enjoy both these refreshing ice tea recipes
Print recipe below…
Southern Honey Raspberry Ice Tea
- 2 cups freshly brewed tea, I used Lipton decaf
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup cran/raspberry juice or any flavor of choice
- 1/8-1/4 cup honey, or to taste
- 1/2- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1-2 cups ice cubes
1.In a large heat proof pitcher, mix tea, water and juice until combined. Add honey and stir until dissolved.
2.Chill until cold.
3.Place ice cubes in pitcher and glasses along with raspberries.
4.Pour, place some fun straws in each glass and take a sip!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today’s featured recipe.
Please stop by again soon, there are so many more recipes to see both sweet and savory, new ones too.
You can pin this or any of your favorite recipes on Pinterest to save for later on.
Before leaving, scroll up so you can copy and print out todays recipe.
Bye for now…