Tender Apricot Pork Tender is a family favorite. This wonderful recipe is from my dearest friend Regina. She always seems to come up with these simple and delectable recipes. The perfect meal to come home to after a long, busy day. Try this soon and enjoy!
Crockpot recipes usually allow the meat to cook 8 hours on low which is perfect for my daily schedule. I have discovered for those that cook for a shorter amount of time I can use frozen meat to extend the time. I did just that with this recipe and it came out perfect! Most of it fell apart because it was so tender, which is just how I like it.
Crockpot Tender Apricot Pork Roast
- 3 lb pork roast, frozen
- 10 1/2 oz. can condensed chicken broth
- 18 oz. jar apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Mix broth, preserves, onion and mustard
- Place meat into a 6 quart crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, or until tender
- Remove roast and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before cutting
- Thicken the juices turn the crockpot to high and mix 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water. Stir in cornstarch mixture until incorporated. Simmer for 10 minutes or until juices thicken., stirring occasionally.