Sautéed Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Yields: 4 to 5 side dish servings
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, try to use a good quality one for best taste
- a few slices well done bacon, (optional) I used turkey bacon for this recipe, regular bacon would be awesome
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts or walnuts, (place nuts in dry pan for just a few minutes, move the pan around then, take off the heat. Try not burn. Set aside)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea or kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- Trim stems and cut off any limp leaves of Brussels Sprouts. Blanch in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain, place in an ice bath right away or run under very cold water to stop cooking. Drain again.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium heat. Add oil with garlic and cook just until you smell the garlic. Just a minute or two. Add the sprouts.
- Sauté for a few minutes. Add balsamic. Toss around to coat all the sprouts. Add butter, salt and pepper. Toss and stir a few more times.
- Plate up, break bacon, if using into large pieces, toss on top along with nuts. Enjoy!!