Charring vegetables in the oven is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness in them. Great as an appetizer with some ranch dressing and makes a perfect side dish. Enjoy the deliciousness!
Roasting veggies are a great way to bring out their natural sweetness. Also, they are crunchy and crispy and a good way to get kids to eat them. Sometimes I serve some dipping sauce for my son and he can eat up a whole plate of these veggies. Use your favorite in season. Check out the ones I used for this recipe. Easy-peasy to follow. A big thanks to my dear friend Laurie for sharing this healthy and delicious recipe with me.
Oven Roasted Charred Mixed Veggies
Yields: 6 side servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut up
- 2 medium yellow or red onions cut into chunks
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, have one or two cookie sheets ready to go sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut up veggies, place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with seasonings and drizzle olive oil over all veggies. Toss with clean hands until all veggies are coated.
- Lay veggies single layer on cookie sheet and bake for about 30 to 40 minute or until all veggies are soft and look charred.
Note: These taste great warm right out of the oven or cold the next day. Either way, healthy and delicious.