This light and luscious cake is pretty to serve and tastes so decadent yet, simple to prepare. Enjoy every lemony bite!
Regina came across this moist and delicious cake recipe and turned it into a delectable lemony lush with lots of bursting blueberries. She was going to a party and doubled the recipe. This recipe is the original. If you are going to double, use an 9 X 13 pan. Enjoy a nice big piece. YUM!
Lemon Lush Cake with Floating Blueberries
Yields: 9 servings
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, you can use frozen, don’t thaw
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 in square baking pan with cooking spray with our without flour in the spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt.
- In a glass measuring cup or small mixing bowl, combine the egg, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla extract. Pour that into the large mixing bowl along with the softened butter. Mix well. Make sure you get all the dry mix incorporated. Try not to over mix.
- Toss the 1 tablespoon of flour with the blueberries and toss gently into batter. Fold in very carefully.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 22-25 minutes. Should slightly bounce back when lightly touched on top and toothpick should come out mostly clean.
- Let cool at least 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into pieces.
Can be stored in fridge up to 4 days. You may want to let sit out on counter for a few minutes before eating but tastes really good cold too.