Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies – A cookie in a cookie! That’s what these pretty much are. Bake a batch soon, they are sure to become a favorite. Chocolate chips and Oreos are a winner. Enjoy!
When I first started thinking up a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, I didn’t think of putting chopped up Oreos in the batter. Then when looking through my pantry and noticing that I had two bags of unopened Oreos, that’s when decided to make a recipe with those gems. Love the idea of a cookie in a cookie. Well, these came out great and the whole family loved them. My daughter was visiting from Law School and grabbed a bunch to share with her roommates. I ended up baking another batch the next day. That’s how fast they went. Try these soon, they will surely be a hit with your family and friends too.
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies
- 1 stick softened butter or vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour or, use all white flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- 9-12 Oreos crunched up into small to medium pieces
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until well combined and creamy. Add in vanilla, and egg. Mix until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients with a whisk to combine and break up any clumps.
- Add dry into wet ingredients. Makes sure all the dry ingredients are well combined into batter.
- Toss in chocolate chips and Oreos. Mix just until incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, place on cookie sheet with at least 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes. Try not to over bake. Cookies should spring back when gently pressed on top and are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Then slide parchment paper onto wire rack and cool for another 15 minutes.
EAT UP AND ENJOY!
***STORE COOKIES IN A SEALED CONTAINER ON COUNTER UP TO 3 DAYS.