There are so many different kinds of cheeses out there. Here’s just a few tips that I keep on hand for hard and soft cheese. Check them out. Share with your friends and family.
- I found the best way to store cheese and keep it fresher longer is to first wrap in wax paper. Then, tightly wrap in plastic paper. Each time you open up the wrapping, replace with new wax and plastic.
- I like to use a glass storage container with some space around the cheese. Make sure the lid fits tightly. Plastic containers work well too. Just keep the lid on tight.
- Store the cheese in the coldest part of the fridge.
Grating Cheese :
- This one simple trick for semisoft cheeses like mozzarella and provolone makes grating a breeze. freeze the cheese for about 30 minutes. Then, grate and see how much easier, faster it is with less mess.
- Slice soft cheeses such as brie and goat cheese with unflavored dental floss to avoid them getting mushy. This trick also works for cake and cookie dough logs.
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.