These one bowl pumpkin spiced muffins are a snap to make. They come out moist and delicious with just the right amount of pumpkin spice. Bake a batch and enjoy the pumpkin deliciousness!
These muffins are so moist and yummy. They are wonderful for breakfast or a nice snack anytime of day. I really like this easy recipe because it is made using one bowl. Just a quick note… I made the first batch and they came out great. I was ready to make the second batch when my daughter called and said she was ready to be picked up from dance. I got back to the house about half an hour later and I filled the remaining batter in the muffin cups. I couldn’t believe how much bigger the second batch was. So if you have time on your hands, let the batter sit in the mixing bowl for at least 15 minutes to a half hour and then bake them. I was really happy the way they came out.
Halloween Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
Yield: 16 muffins
Nutrition: calories 191, fat 2 g, fiber 2.2 g, protein 3.5 g
- 5 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used light)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 oz jar baby applesauce
- 3 tbsp melted butter, cooled
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin pan with foil wrappers. (I think the foil works better than the paper).
- In a large bowl whisk the egg whites, egg, sugar, applesauce, butter, and pumpkin until blended and smooth. Switch over to a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir in the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice until smooth (Remember what I said before: if you have some time, let the batter sit at least 15 minutes to half an hour for bigger muffins)
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes. Some batches could take 45 minutes, but don’t over bake. Check them after 25 minutes. A toothpick or wooden skewer should come out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and place on a cooling rack. ENJOY!