It’s that time of year again, Halloween!! In my family we love creating lots and lots of different crafts and food crafts each year. We try to come up with a few new recipes and crafts each year. My son goes crazy decorating the outside of the house and I love doing the inside as well as all the yummy treats that have to be made.
This one recipe was so easy and fun. I must tell you that it’s a little messy on the hands. Dipping the crackers is fun and yes, messy. But, when you’re done, lick away! Then wash of course. LOL! These yummy gems only have a few ingredients and boy do they come together for a perfect Halloween treat. Have fun with the kids and make your own creations. All the stores have lots of Halloween sprinkles, nonpareils and other goodies to place on top. I even made these vegan!
Have a safe and happy Halloween!!
Halloween Chocolate Grahams Breakaways
- 8 chocolate graham crackers, broken in half
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips plus 1 heaping tbps
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil for melting, this is optional
- 1/4 cup crunched up pretzel sticks
- assorted Halloween sprinkles
- Place parchment or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Lay 8 crackers down and break in half.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 25 second increments. Add the coconut oil if using. Stir the chocolate until shiny and melted.
- Add in the 1 tablespoon of chips until melted.
- Dip tops of each graham cracker into the chocolate and lay back on the parchment paper.
- Toss sprinkles over chocolate.
- Sprinkle on the crushed pretzels along with the crumbs.
- Place in fridge only for 5 to 10 minutes. Take out and break up into shards. That’s it. Take a big chocolaty bite! YUM!!