This delicious recipe originally came from my oldest friend Laurie. We celebrate holidays with her family every year. Her brisket is so delicious that my husband always asks to take some home for a cold brisket sandwich the next day. This recipe is so easy to prepare and really is melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Easiest Melt In Your Mouth Onion Soup Mix Brisket
- 3 pound beef brisket
- 1 packet Lipton onion soup mix, with or without mushrooms
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ tsp light brown sugar, optional
- 2 garlic cloves minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 large disposable heavy-duty aluminum pan, optional – Found at dollar stores or in markets or Use a large baking pan
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together soup mix, water, ketchup, garlic and black pepper, sugar if using until combined.
- Pour into pan, lay brisket over sauce then turn over a few times to coat the brisket.
- Lay sliced onions over brisket.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, not too tight.
- Bake for about 3 hours or until brisket is tender.
- Let sit in the pan for about 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!!