It’s that time again! The holidays are just around the corner. In my house that means baking and making lots of holiday goodies for family and friends. I defiantly have my go-to recipes that work really well for gift giving. This one for pretzel rods is one I make for almost every holiday. All you have to do is change the decorations. If you have been on our blog before you know we love pretzel rods and already have some up.
A friend asked me why there was not a pretzel rod recipe for Christmas. Huh? I forgot to add one! So, here it is. As you can see in the photos, these have the Christmas sprinkles and nonpareils and there are also some for Hanukkah. I found “Star of David” sprinkles online and really nice blue sprinkles. You can find all different kinds of sprinkles and edible decorations at Michaels, Target and Walmart.
Have fun making these and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Chocolate Covered Holiday Pretzel Rods
- Vanilla Almond Bark or Wilton Candy Melts
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Pretzel Rods
- Assorted Sprinkles and Nonpareils
- Place wax or parchment paper on two rimmed cookie sheets. Have your sprinkles ready to go in separate bowls.
- Start with the white chocolate.. In a microwave safe deep bowl or glass measuring cup, melt candy melts or almond bark according to package directions.
- Take one pretzel at a time and dip into melted chocolate. You may want to use a teaspoon or plastic spoon to help coat the pretzel. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Using a spoon, coat the chocolate with the sprinkles before it hardens. Add any other decorations at this time too.
- Place each coated pretzel on lined cookie sheet. When all are done, place in fridge for about 15 minutes. Take out and wrap up for gifts or for you and your loved ones. Repeat with the chocolate chips.
Enjoy the salty, sweet, crunchy, creamy yumminess!!