One Bowl Sour Cream Corn Muffins
These one bowl sour cream corn muffins are so delicious with a great texture from the cornmeal and moistness from the sour cream. A perfect breakfast, snack and even dessert. Enjoy!
This simple recipes for moist and delicious sour cream corn muffins is a staple around my house.
Instead of dinner rolls, serve a warm batch of these muffins and watch them disappear before your eyes.
They are not too sweet, and that’s how muffins should be and cupcakes well, they’re a whole different story.
This batch of sour cream corn muffins have just the right amount of sweetness, not too sweet like a cupcake and sweet enough that these don’t taste you forgot to add any sweetener at all.
We all liked the addition of the added sour cream. It really gives a nice texture and flavor to the muffins.
My kids and husband likes these for breakfast with butter spread over the warm muffin.
My son likes to slather on peanut butter. May sound strange but, it tastes really good. As they say, don’t knock it till your try it.
Bake a batch soon. It’s nice that you can bake a small batch for just one day and it’s an easy enough recipe that’s for sure.
One Bowl Sour Cream Corn Muffins ?
Yields: 6 sour cream corn muffins, can be easily doubled to make 12 muffins
Put a basket of these sour cream corn muffins on your table and watch them disappear before your eyes.
HERE’S A QUICK VIEW OF THE BASIC INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE UP THESE DELICIOUS SOUR CREAM CORN MUFFINS.
- unsalted butter, softened
- granulated sugar
- sour cream, I used reduced fat, NOT fat free
- 1 large or extra large egg
- pure vanilla extract, this is optional
- milk of choice, I used 2 %
- all purpose flour
- yellow corn meal
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea or kosher salt
- full printable recipe with amounts listed below in recipe box
This recipe for sour cream corn muffins makes the perfect size batch.
HERE’S THE SIMPLE WAY TO PREPARE THESE SOUR CREAM CORN MUFFINS USING JUST ONE BOWL.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray with flour or butter flavored. Set aside. I used a silicone muffin pan and I still spray the inside of each cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand held mixer, mix butter with sugar until combined. Add egg, mix, then add sour cream. Mix again until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix by hand until all is incorporated. Make sure you get all the dry mixed into the wet. Try not to over mix.
- Scoop into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. The tops should also slightly spring back when touched lightly.
- Let cool about 10-15 minutes. Pop muffins out and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Full printable recipe below in the recipe box.
Enjoy the muffin deliciousness!
Print full recipe with amounts below
One Bowl Sour Cream Corn Muffins
- 1/8 cup plus 2 tbsp softened butter or vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream, light is fine, don't use fat free for this recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk, I used 2 percent
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, this is optional
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2.Spray muffin pan with cooking spray with flour or butter flavored. Set aside. I used a silicone muffin pan and I still spray the inside of each cup.
3.In a large mixing bowl, using a hand held mixer, mix butter with sugar until combined. Add egg, mix, then add sour cream and vanilla if using. Mix again until smooth.
4.Add dry ingredients and mix by hand until all is incorporated. Make sure you get all the dry mixed into the wet. Try not to over mix.
5.Scoop into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. The tops should also slightly spring back when touched lightly.
6.Let cool about 10-15 minutes. Pop muffins out and enjoy warm or at room temperature. YUM!
Everyone loves these delicious sour cream corn muffins!
Before leaving, check out another muffin recipe. Totally different but just as delicious.
I know, these look so yummy too!
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back often. I post new recipes all the time. In the meantime, print out your favorite recipes and pin away on Pinterest to save for later on.
Bye for now!
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.