Here's a quick dish that's fresh and so delicious. You'll love the spiral zucchini in place of regular pasta. Gluten free and vegan too. Enjoy!
1. Add oil to large pan, toss in onions, cook until translucent and have softened up. Add garlic. Cook just until you smell the garlic.
2. Add in tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, honey, turmeric, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook about 10 to 15 minutes on low to medium heat with the cover off.
3. Check for seasoning and thickness of sauce. Add in some tomato sauce if need to thin or a teaspoon more of tomato paste if need to thicken.
4. Add in basil and stir. Let cook just a minute more.
5. Take off heat and let sit for just a few minutes while you prepare the zucchini noodles.
6. Spiral or grate the noodle and place in a large bowl. After you taste sauce, pour over zucchini noodles. The sauce will warm the noodles just a bit. (For more of a cooked noodle, drop zucchini in boiling water for just a minute or two. Drain then place in serving bowl, or place in microwave for 2 minutes)