Wow everyone with these delectable double chocolate cookies. Great for any gathering. Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Melt the 1/2 cup chips with 1 tablespoon chips in microwave for 25 second intervals. Stir after each heating. Let cool slightly.
3. Using a stand mixer with a paddle, mix butter and sugars until creamy. Add in melted chocolate, egg, and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until combined. You may need to stop the mixer and scrape down the sides.
4. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until just combined. Try not to over mix the batter. Scrape down sides again if needed.
5. With a medium cookie scoop, make mounds and place on parchment paper. Roll into balls then roll into sprinkles that you placed in a bowl. Roll around to get the cookie coated with sprinkles. Place back on parchment paper.
6. Bake for about 9 to 12 minutes. Check after 9. Cookies should look puffed up and the bottoms should be set. Try not to over bake. You can test with a toothpick which should come out clean. Let cool for a few minutes on pan then transfer to a wire rack.