My daughter Tori just shared this simple and delicious recipe she just made for herself up in college. She’s in her senior year and lives off campus. She’s not on the food plan anymore so, she’s making her own meals and loving it. Usually she and the other roommates cook as a group and eat together but, this time she had lots of studding to do and wanted something quick and easy. They all go to the market once a week and stock up on all their food for the week. She said this recipe took no time at all and see her shortcuts to make this healthy and delicious meal for your own family. Just keep doubling the recipe for each person. I’m making this tonight, yum!
Simple Chicken with Baby Spinach
- 1 medium to large skinless, boneless, chicken breast – rinsed with cold water, cut into medium chuncks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, find the little boxes in the soup isle or store leftover in sealed container up to 3 days in fridge
- 1 bag prewashed baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, diced or, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- In a large non stick pan, add olive oil and warm up on medium heat.
- Toss in chicken. Cook a few minutes then add garlic and onion powder. Cook chicken until juices run clear.
- Add chicken stock to deglaze pan. Stir chicken.
- Toss in spinach with peppers and salt. Stir until spinach starts to wilt. Takes only a few minutes.
- If using lemon juice, add now and toss.
Serve up and enjoy!
Note: For an addition, add some instant rice in any flavor.