This quick and easy carrot banana bread is beyond delicious. Great for breakfast up until dessert. It’s a family favorite I have been baking for many years. Bake one up and enjoy the deliciousness!
This wonderful bread is a great way to incorporate potassium rich bananas and rich in vitamin A from beta-carotene carrots! Comes out moist with a great texture from the grated carrots and smooth bananas. I love to give this out as food gifts during the holidays. Everyone loves this bread and I have had many requests over the years. I’m sure your family will love this bread as much as mine does.
Quick and Easy Carrot Banana Bread
Yields: 12 – 16 servings
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large or extra large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, I used canola
- 1 cup grated carrots, I used the ones in a bag from the market
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 2-3 medium to large bananas
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on top, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a loaf pan with cooking or baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas and oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- Bake for about 50 – 65 minutes or until bread springs back when touched lightly and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes then invert onto wire rack. Cool for at least 45 minutes. Slice up and enjoy!