The funny thing about generational baking is that if one generation is not taught the family recipes, they always find fantastic new ones to introduce. This is my mother’s pecan pie recipe that she made every holiday. It so happens that my grandmother controlled the kitchen when my mom was young, but then taught me everything skipping right over her. That’s Ok, it was a great opportunity for more delicious recipes!
I hope you enjoy it an much as my daughter and I do!
Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 cup pecans, plus 1/2 cup of perfectly shaped ones
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Beat eggs. Add sugar & corn syrup, then salt and vanilla, last the melted butter.
- Place 1 cup pecans in the bottom of an unbaked pie crust, then add the filling.
- Use then remaining 1/2 cup “pretty” pecans on top. Place one by one and flip over so they get coated with the filling. Depending on the size of your pie plate you may not use them all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.