One Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Bread – Love easy recipes? If so, check this great one for a pumpkin bread that’s totally vegan and totally delicious. Enjoy!
Pumpkin bread is something I make all year round. First of all, pumpkin is so healthy. Has a good source of vitamin A and fiber. Very low calories, fat, and pumpkin is cholesterol free. Canned pumpkin is available year round in all markets and stores like Target and Walmart. Even online. Love how moist and delicious this pumpkin bread is. Has a wonderful mild flavor that’s great for breakfast or dessert. Makes a delicious late night snack too. This one bowl wonder is so moist and delectable. Bake one up today and watch everyone grab for a warm piece.
One Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Yields: 10 servings
- 1/4 cup almond milk, any plant based milk will work too.
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp canned pumpkin puree, make sure it’s not pumpkin pie filling.
- 1/2 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, avocado or grapeseed oil work too.
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour, you can use all purpose in place or combine the two.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp coconut sugar mixed with 1/2 tsp cinnamon to dust over top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mist a loaf pan with cooking spray then line pan with folded parchment paper. Spray lightly again onto the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup, add the almond milk and vinegar. Gently mix with a fork and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, add milk mixture along with pumpkin, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Use a whisk to mix.
- Sift flour and the rest of the ingredients except (cinnamon sugar mixture) right over the bowl. Easiest way is to use a sieve right over the bowl.
- Gently mix batter until combined. Make sure you dig deep to incorporate all dry into wet mixture. Try not to over mix the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until the top springs back slightly when touched and a toothpick comes out clean or with dry to slightly moist crumbs. Make sure you don’t over bake the bread. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for about 20 minutes. Then, convert bread onto wire rack. Let cool for another 20 minutes. Can be stored at room temperature in a sealed container up to 1 day or in fridge up to 3 days.
Slice up and enjoy the pumpkin deliciousness!