These little fudgy gems are a great snack to pack into lunch boxes. My kids love these and so does my hubby. I like them for breakfast. They have a deep chocolate flavor and anyone you make these for will love them. They are gluten and grain free and can be considered Paleo as well if you leave out the brown sugar and use date sugar.
Mini Fudgy Grain Free Vegan Brownie Cups
Ingredients: Makes about 12 mini cupcakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew butter
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup date sugar or brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp. ground golden flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 to 4 tbsp. cold water to mix with flax and chia seeds to make a loose paste. Add more water if needed.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, I use Lily’s Sweets, found at Whole Foods or on line
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or spray a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond butter, melted coconut oil, honey flax/chia mixture and vanilla extract.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Make sure no dry ingredients are on the bottom. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into mini muffin pan, bake for about 10 minutes. Try not to over bake. Test with a tooth pick or wooden skewer and moist crumbs should be on. Also, the brownies should slightly spring back when touched.
- Cool for about 15 minutes on wire rack. They taste better when cooled. Enjoy!! Keep stored in covered container in fridge up to 3 days.