These Deep Dark Fudgy Halloween Brownies are easily made using a brownie mix. Add in a few other ingredients and you have the fudgiest and most delectable brownie. Enjoy every fudgy bite!
Halloween is the time of year that so many of us start baking up a storm. I made these recently when my hubby was craving brownies. I had my favorite brownie mix in the house and added some extra goodies in the brownies to make them “homemade” and extra delicious. So easy to throw these together and, oh so easy to gobble them up. Happy Halloween, Boo!
Deep Dark Fudgy Halloween Brownies
Yields: 12 to 15 brownies
- 1 box brownie mix, I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, I used avocado oil
- 3 tbsp Hershey’s dark chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Halloween sprinkles, found in most crafts stores
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 regular size chocolate bar, either milk or dark chocolate. I used a Hershey bar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 X 9 inch square pan with baking or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour dry mix in. Whisk to break up any clumps.
- In a measuring cup or medium bowl, combine oil, syrup, water, egg, and extract. Mix with a fork or mini whisk to combine.
- Pour into dry mix. Using a rubber spatula, combine well. Make sure you dig to the bottom of bowl to combine all dry mix into wet.
- Add chocolate chips. Gently mix in.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 25 -30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with dry to moist crumbs. Try not to over bake.
- While brownies are still hot. break up the chocolate bar and lay on the brownie. It will start to melt right away. With an offset spatula or butter knife, smooth over brownies. Toss sprinkles.
- Cut into 12 squares when cooled.
Note: Store in sealed container up to 3 days in fridge or on counter for one day.
ENJOY THESE YUMMY FUDGY BROWNIES!