This Copycat In-N-Out Burger are the perfect meal for any day of the week. Made with fresh ingredients and packed with flavor, these burgers are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
With this recipe you don’t have to worry about taking a trip to the nearest fast-food joint, you can make your own delicious burgers right at home. Plus, it will save you a little money too!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Made with fresh ingredients and packed with flavor so you can enjoy a delicious meal at home with your family.
- Perfect for any day of the week. They come together in less than 30 minutes making them perfect for busy weeknights.
- Easy to make at home! No special skills are required, just follow the simple steps and you’ll have a tasty burger in no time.
- Completely customizable! Add your favorite toppings to make it your own.
Here is a quick overview of the simple ingredients that you need to make these burgers at home. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store and get ready to enjoy these fresh burgers.
- Ground Beef 80/20
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- American Cheese
- Large Tomato sliced
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
- White Onion sliced
- Hamburger Buns
For the Sauce
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- White Vinegar
How to Make Copycat In-N-Out Burger
Making these burgers is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step directions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post and you will have a family-friendly meal that will get rave reviews in no time at all.
- Form the ground beef into 4 balls. They should be about 1/4 pound each.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside while you cook the burgers.
- Preheat in a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil on the pan.
- Once the oil is warm place the buns on the preheated pan for 2 minutes to toast them and then set them aside while you prepare the beef.
- Then place the beef balls in the pan. Use a piece of parchment paper to smash and a spatula to smash each burger until the patties are thin. Remove the parchment paper.
- Cook the patties for 2 minutes. Then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the slice of cheese to the top and cook until melted. No more than 1 minute.
- Remove the burgers from the skillet.
- Assemble your burgers as desired.
Substitutions and Variations
This recipe is extremely versatile, you can easily adapt it to your liking. Here are some ideas to make these burgers even more delicious.
- Switch up the cheese! Use cheddar or pepper jack instead of American cheese for a different flavor.
- Make it spicy by adding some sliced jalapenos or drizzling hot sauce on top.
- Add some avocado slices for a creamy and healthy addition.
- Swap out the burger patty for a grilled chicken breast or veggie patty for a different twist.
You need some basic kitchen tools to help you make this recipe, gather these tools and enjoy these homemade burgers in no time.
- ol]:!pt-0 [&>ol]:!pb-0 [&>ul]:!pt-0 [&>ul]:!pb-0″ value=”2″>Small bowl
You can store leftover burgers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What to Serve with Burgers
I don’t know about you I’m always wondering what is the best side to serve with homemade burgers. So, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite side dishes. I like to serve them with Baked Parmesan French Fries or a simple side dish like this Classic Macaroni Salad.
Tips For The Best Copycat In-N-Out Burger
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that these burgers turn out perfectly for you when you make them.
- For extra flavor, marinate the beef in your favorite marinade before shaping them into patties.
- Don’t overmix the ground beef when forming the patties, this can result in a tough burger.
- Use a burger press to help you form perfectly round and evenly sized patties.
- Toasting the buns in the preheated pan adds an extra layer of deliciousness to your burger.
- Don’t forget to add your favorite toppings, it’s what makes these burgers truly customizable and tasty.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the commonly asked questions for this recipe.
What’s the best way to reheat burger patties?
I like to reheat in a skillet over medium heat. Add a tablespoon or two of water so that they don’t dry out. Fill them halfway through reheating time for a fresh taste.
Can I freeze leftover burger patties?
Absolutely! Place them in an airtight container or wrapped in foil and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them before reheating.
More Copycat Recipes
Copycat In-N-Out Burgers
This Copycat In-N-Out Burger is juicy, flavorful and so easy to make. Skip the wait at the fast food restaurant and make these at home.Prep Time 5 minutesCook Time 10 minutesTotal Time 15 minutesServings 4 Burgers
- 1 pound Ground Beef 80/20
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 slices American Cheese
- 1 Large Tomato sliced
- 8 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
- 1 White Onion sliced
- 4 Hamburger Buns
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
Form the ground beef into 4 balls. They should be about 1/4 pound each.
Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside while you cook the burgers.
Preheat in a large skillet, cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Drizzle the olive oil on the pan.
Once the oil is warm place the buns on the preheated pan for 2 minutes to toast them and then set them aside while you prepare the beef.
Then place the beef balls on the pan. Use a piece of parchment paper to smash and spatula to smash each burger until the patties are thin. Remove the parchment paper.
Cook the patties for 2 minutes. Then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the slice of cheese to the top and cook until melted. No more than 1 minute.
Remove the burgers from the skillet.
Assemble your burgers as desired.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you love these Copycat In-N-Out Burgers like we all do around here. They are so good!
To save and collect this or any of your favorite recipes, you can pin on Pinterest. It’s a great way of saving recipes for later on.
Please stop back again soon. There are so many more recipes to see both savory and sweet. New ones and many more copycat recipes too!
Before leaving, remember to scroll up so you can print out and copy todays featured recipe.
Bye for now…
Disclosure: You may see links to ingredients or cooking items in the ingredient, instructions, or equipment sections of this post. I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. I will receive a small percentage of sales generated by these links. However, this in no way increases the price of the items.