Chopped Nutty Detox Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing – A great tasting salad with a simple dressing that has all healthy ingredients. Great for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
If you love your salads like I do, you have got to try this simple and tasty one I threw together in no time at all. Do you love nuts? Well, if so, this is the salad for you! Taste all the textures and great flavors. It’s a winner!
Nutty Detox Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Yields: 2 large main course salads
- 1 bag prewashed mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts, your choice
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds, optional
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cold spring or filtered water
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey
- 2 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 heaping tbsp vegan mayo or vegetable oil such as soybean oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- First make the dressing, in a mason jar or any clean jar with a lid, place all dressing ingredients in and give a good shake until all is combined and smooth. If needed use a whisk to mix before shaking again. Taste for sweetness and spice. If needed add more honey to taste or any other spice to your preference. Shake again and set in fridge until ready to pour over salad. (Dressing can stay in fridge up to 5 days)
- In a large mixing bowl, layer lettuce with cabbage and toss before adding the other toppings.
- Now, toss in the other toppings. Drizzle dressing then, toss gently.
Enjoy to your health!