(adapted from Martha Stewart)
I simply adore chocolate and when I saw a chocolate biscotti recipe from Martha Stewart I knew I needed to make it. It was lovely, but felt a need to tweak it a little. Here is my version:
- 6 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp chocolate extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Either butter & flour your baking sheet or use a Silpat.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour mixture – makes a stiff dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- On cookie sheet form two logs almost the length of the cookie sheet, about 2 1/2″ wide and a little flattened.
- Bake until slightly firm. About 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 300
- Cut biscotti diagonally into 1″ thick slices. Place cut side down on a wire rack on the cookie sheet. If you don’t have a wire rack, just put back on cookie sheet.
- Bake until crisp but still slightly soft in the center, about 8 minutes.