I’m sure this party munch is one you have seen before or a similar one. It starts with Chex Cereal. Then, it’s up to you to use your imagination. For this one, I had to call it pumpkin munch because I found these cute little pumpkin candies and my son Josh told me I must add them into the munch. We added all the things we like into this bowl of party munch. Since my daughter Tori was home from Law School, she asked to take some back with her. She’s got five roommates that study hard and would love a good crunchy snack. Tori called to tell me that within 10 minutes, it was all gone. LOL!
Change things around for any holiday or occasion. I will be adding more munch mixes on the blog soon. We already have a few really yummy snack mixes already up. Check this one out… Red, White & Blue Patriotic Party Mix This one was a big hit.
Have fun making this with the kids. Makes great gifts for teachers and neighbors. It’s a winner!
White Chocolate Chex Pumpkin Party Mix
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup M&M candies, leave out a few for the top
- 1 cup candy corn, leave out a few for the top
- 1 cup little candy pumpkins
- 1 cup pretzel snaps, chop a few and leave the rest whole
- 1 1/2 cups candy melts, I used white and peach color
- 1 tsp coconut oil or any mild oil
Directions: Have a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper ready.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss in the cereal, pretzels and candy. Toss gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Melt chocolate with oil in a glass measuring cup for 30 seconds in the microwave. Take out, mix. put back in for another 20 seconds. Mix. Add in 3 to 4 melts. Mix until all is shiny and melted.
- Pour chocolate over Chex mix and toss gently to coat all the cereal, pretzels and candy.
- Lay onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread out. Drizzle whatever leftover melted chocolate over the mix. Use a fork or spoon. Toss a few candies and gently press into mix. Let sit on counter to firm up. If you want place in fridge for only 5 minutes. When hardened, break up and ENJOY!!
Make sure you share the love by sharing this yummy treat. 🙂